"The Drive is worth it"
RENTAL AGREEMENT FOR RENA’S COTTAGE
252 Old School House Rd, Wanchese, NC 27981
Rental starts at 4:00pm______________ Rental ends at 10:00am ______________
Rental Rate: $
Security Deposit: $ 100.00 (will
Sub Total: $
Tax: 12 3/4% $ (6 3/4% NC Sales Tax + 6% Occupancy Tax)
Advance Payment $__________ due now to hold a confirmed reservation
Remaining Balance $___________ due on ___________ (30 days prior to check-in)
Following Linen will be provided: *
1 Set Bedding for all beds (including hide-a-beds)
8 Bath Towels
8 Hand Towels
8 Wash Towels
* Any additional linen or towels must be provided by tenant.
In consideration of the rents received and the individual promises contained herein, the Owner of the subject property, hereby lease and rent to Tenant and Tenant hereby leases that certain property described above under the following terms and conditions:
1. The advance payment, as broken down and stated above, is required to hold a confirmed reservation. If the funds are not received in the amount and by the date required, Owner shall have the right to void this proposed Agreement. The remaining balance, as also broken down and stated above, is due thirty (30)days prior to your arrival and must be paid by credit card, personal check*, money order, or cashier’s check.(*if we do not have time(30 days) for a check to clear, payment must be made by one of the other means listed above).
2. If a Tenant must cancel their reservation, the cancellation must be in writing. Oral communication, even in an emergency situation, will not be deemed received until receipt of written notification. Tenant will receive all advance rent back, less a processing fee in the amount of 10% of Deposit.
3. A security deposit to secure the faithful performance of Tenants promises and duties will be requested to be paid in addition to the rental payment. You must notify Owner of any damages or losses, during your occupancy. Owner will inspect the property upon Tenants departure and will deduct from any security deposit all costs, repairs and damages, and will return the balance of any security deposit to Tenant within ten (10) days of the check-out date. Said deposit will be refunded by Owner by first class mail in the form of a check.
4. Check-in is between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Checkout time is 10:00 a.m. on the last day of the above stated rental period. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM THE ONLY PERSON WHO CAN CHECK IN AND PICK UP THE KEYS TO THE ABOVE property. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT ANY REQUEST FOR ANOTHER PERSON TO CHECK IN ON MY BEHALF MUST BE IN WRITING AND RECEIVED BY OWNER, BY MAIL, PRIOR TO MY ARRIVAL DATE. Owner reserves the right to extend check-in time to 6:00 p.m. if necessary to allow extra time for cleaning and/or maintenance.
5. Maximum Occupancy Limit is (8) Adults or children, due to fact this property is serviced by Septic System.
6. NO HOUSE GROUPS, SINGLE GROUPS, MINORS, CHAPERONED GROUPS, UNCHAPERONED GROUPS, SORORITIES OR FRATERNITIES Will BE ACCEPTED. If any of above are found occupying the premises, this Agreement will be terminated immediately and eviction will occur at that time. The requirement of Owner for the minimum age to enter into this Agreement for tenancy is 25 years of age. Expedited eviction procedure will be made, should you commit a material breach of this Agreement, or should you hold over possession after your tenancy has expired. Any material breach of this Agreement will result in the termination of your tenancy. Upon termination unless the property is re-rented, there will be no refund. Occupancy of the rental property stated above includes children except children in cribs. Any misrepresentations made by Tenant when making this reservation will result in denial of entry at check-in and Tenant will forfeit all rental monies previously paid unless the property is re-rented
7. Tenant may not sublet property or assign this Agreement.
8. It is expressly agreed and understood that the Owner shall not be liable for circumstances beyond their control including malfunction or breakdown of appliances, air conditioning or other cottage equipment including TV sets, VCRs, DVD's, or due to unfavorable weather, acts of nature, disruption of utility services or any other situation occurring not under Owners control and there will be no refund or rebates of all or any part of the rental fee in such circumstances. Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance is highly recommended to protect against unfavorable weather and Acts of God.
9. Upon the issuance of a mandatory evacuation or where Owner, in good faith, believes the continued occupancy of the property to be dangerous, then Tenant agrees to vacate the premises. Prorated refund will be made.
10. Agent shall attempt to maintain and make necessary repairs to said premises and appliances contained therein as expeditiously as possible after being notified by Tenant of any needed repairs. Owner, any employee or subcontractor of Owner, shall have the right to enter said premises during reasonable hours to examine and make such repair(s) as may be deemed necessary for the safety or comfort of Tenant. There are absolutely no rebates issued to Tenant for any reason due to malfunctioning of any appliance or service as every good faith effort will be made to ensure that property is maintained.
11. In the event that Owner is unable to deliver the property to Tenant under this Agreement because of fire, eminent domain, act of nature, or any other cause, or if the property is unavailable because of delay in construction or because of lack of sewer or water, or if the property is not in a fit and habitable condition, Tenant hereby agrees that Owner’s sole liability as a result of any such conditions is to refund all rent previously tendered by Tenant pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, which refund shall be promptly made by Owner. The Tenant also agrees that in the case of double booking, a full refund of all rent previously tendered by him will be made. In no event shall Owner be liable for any consequential or secondary damages, including, but not limiting thereto, any expenses incurred as a result of moving or for any damage, destruction or loss.
12. Mobile sleeping units are not permitted to be connected at the rental property.
13. PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED:
14. Tenant acknowledges that unless Owner is notified on the day of check-in of any damage or cleaning concerns, then thereafter, all such damages or concerns to the property during the occupancy will be Tenant’s responsibility and must be reported to Owner and paid for prior to departure. Tenant covenants and promises to surrender the property in a good and the same condition as of commencement of the rental period, reasonable wear and tear excepted, and to reimburse Owner the amount, including reasonable attorney’s fees, of all damages. Tenants are expected to care for property as if it were their own. Tenant must leave property in a clean condition (dishes washed, trash removed, etc.) upon departure. Tenant agrees to be financially responsible for any damages to this rental property and/or its contents caused by the Tenant’s or Tenant’s guest’s negligence or willful conduct during the rental period.
15. Tenant agrees not to place any long distance/toll calls, or to charge pay per view movies through cable TV service. All toll/long distance calls must be made collect or charged to Tenant’s home telephone or calling card.
16. (a) The Tenant hereby agrees to release and indemnify the Owner from and against all liability, should anyone be injured upon the premises during the term of this Agreement, resulting from any cause whatsoever, except in the case of personal injury caused by negligent act of the Owner or Owner’s employees. Tenant understands that there are special risks that may be involved in using special features, gas grills, etc., as well as using other areas of the property. Tenant agrees to explain the risks of using the special features to any guest they may have at the property and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents their guest may incur. Tenant understands above risks and agrees that they will assume all responsibility for themselves and their guests for the consequences of those risks. Tenant also understands and agrees that they are responsible and liable and will pay Owner upon request for any damages that occur to the special feature and its supporting equipment through his or his guests misuse and/or negligence.
(b) Owner is not responsible for items left behind by Tenant or their guests. Items left behind will be held for a maximum of two weeks. After such time, all unclaimed items will be delivered to a local charitable organization. Upon request by Tenant, any items left in the premises will be returned C.O.D. at Tenant’s expense through a mailing service.
(c) Certain amenities of the home may be of a seasonal nature, such as, but not limited to, gas fireplaces, etc. For such season items, they will only be available during the appropriate season and will not be available year-round.
17. Grilling is permitted only on the side porch where the gas grill is located. Absolutely no grilling is allowed near wooded areas. Tenant agrees to clean the grill after each use by Tenant
18. Tenant will report any malfunction of any smoke alarm.
THIS IS A SMOKE FREE COTTAGE: Please
consider our guests that rent after you, they
may have a allegory that will not tolerate smoking. Smoking is only permitted on front porch or outside
20. No warranty is made, expressed or implied, as to the suitability (habitability) of the premises. By signing this Agreement, I acknowledge that I have read this Agreement as well as "House Rules" and agree to comply with the Rules and Regulations as contained therein. I understand that I am responsible for compliance with the Rules and Regulations by all parties who are using the rental unit during my tenancy. By signing this Agreement, I certify that I am not a minor and that this unit will be occupied by a family in compliance with the policies of the Owner. After reading and understanding this Agreement, please sign, retain one copy for your records and return one copy. Owner must receive an executed Rental Agreement at least thirty (30) days prior to check-in.
THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT: YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
PLEASE SIGN TWO COPIES, RETAIN ONE AND RETURN THE OTHER TO:
2936 Elegance Lane
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
Cell Phone #_________________________, so I can reach you in an emergency
Home Accomodations Rates & Reservations House Rules Rental Agreement Points of Interest Credit Card Location Map